What’s that? Deacom earned Philly.com’s Top Workplaces? I know, but I just wanted to hear it again! When we look at the companies that we share this list with, we can’t help but be humbled by this recognition, especially since it is based on direct employee feedback.
The past few years has been a very exciting ride for us all at Deacom as we continue to make our mark on both the ERP market and in the Philly tech scene. Rest assured that keeping our culture intact through it all is a high priority.
“As we continue to experience significant growth – doubling the employee size in just three years – it is important that team members always know that their voices are always heard and that they have great opportunities to make a difference. In fact, employees are recognized on a regular basis for their contributions towards improving our business and software. These contributions are often sparked from ideas they crafted on their own and turned into reality.”
– Scott Deakins, COO of Deacom.
In this year’s Philly.com Top Workplaces survey results, Deacom ranked above the average for Enterprise Software companies in many categories that are important to our culture. Here are just a few examples of such categories.
- My manager helps me learn and grow.
- My manager makes it easier to do my job well.
- Deacom enables me to work at my full potential.
- I feel genuinely appreciated at Deacom.
In addition to the passion that Deacom team members share for solving the complex challenges of customers, here are some attributes of the company’s culture and benefits that helped secure this Top Workplace recognition:
- Immediate Benefit Eligibility – A full suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision, are available upon an individual’s first day of employment at Deacom.
- Catered Lunch on Fridays – Every Friday, Deacom provides free lunch to all employees offering a range of options from Italian, Chinese, salad bar, coal-fired pizza, or food truck specialties. By encouraging team members to step away from their desks for lunch, we are able to provide a great opportunity to drive interdepartmental collaboration.
- Friendly Competition – Ping pong, corn hole, ladder golf, and board games are available in Café Deacom. And these are not just used at lunch. In fact, you’ll often seen team members challenging each other throughout the day in an effort to recharge their batteries.
- Performance-Driven Growth – Team members control their own professional destiny here. Employees and managers work together to identify SMART goals where one’s bonuses, promotions, and growth are determined by their own performance, not their tenure.
“Becoming a Top Workplace isn’t something organizations can buy,” said Doug Claffey, CEO of Energage, the independent research firm that administered the Top Workplaces Survey. “Organizations must meet high standards in the eyes of their employees. Having a good workplace is essential for hiring, retaining, and motivating talent.”
Deacom is currently hiring within our sales, process engineering, technical support, development, data, and administration teams. Visit Deacom’s Career Page to learn more about these opportunities and what it is like to work at Deacom.
The Top Workplaces survey was administered by Energage, an independent research firm that measures employee engagement and satisfaction through an anonymous employee survey.