Businesses in the Pharmaceutical industry face a wide range of unique challenges. From dealing with strict regulatory requirements and drug counterfeiting threats to managing fluctuating costs and recalls, having a strong handle on these challenges is critical to staying competitive in the market.
In one of our recent webinars, I explore (and demonstrate) eight ways that a single software system can help pharmaceutical manufacturers handle these challenges and drive growth. These strategies include:
- Better Cost Control for Formulations – When developing new products or re-engineering existing ones, the ERP software helps companies manage unit of measure calculation conversions, formulation costs, regulatory calculations, and workflow management with/without electronic signature approvals.
- Significantly Reduce Overstock and Shortages – By using a combination of forecasts, sales orders, production, and min/max demands, manufacturers can leverage advanced planning capabilities to better predict purchasing and production requirements.
- Limit Idle, Set-Up, and Conversation Time – Scheduling is be optimized by combining routings, sequencing rules, and inventory.
- Improve Quality and Transparency in Production – Through production data inputs with DEACOM ERP, improvements are be made to the documentation and management of quality specifications for inbound inspections, in-process quality checks during production, and finished good testing.
- Optimize Inventory Levels and Availabilities – Using the centralized ERP system, manufacturers use tank inventory, asset tracking, serialization of inventory, preventative maintenance schedules, and maintenance work orders to help optimize inventory levels and availabilities.
- Automate Document Generation – Since all data lives in one location, companies can automatically generate documents and labels based on government and customer requirements, including any hazardous reporting requirements.
- Minimize Risk Through Strict Lot Control and Serialization – Through strict lot traceability and serialization capabilities in DEACOM, scanning ensures operators issue and allocate lots that have been released from quality holds and meet transaction requirements. Lots can be tracked backward and forward throughout their lifecycle to help minimize risk and protect the brand.
- Maintain FDA 21 CFR Part 11 Compliant – By using DEACOM ERP, pharmaceutical manufacturers can track and store all information, including commissioned and decommissioned serialized numbers, within the ERP in order to maintain 21 CFR Part 11 compliant.